I came across this recipe last year and had to try it out. We loved it.
Now it is part of the annual Christmas Brunch menu.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cups milk
I think the secret ingredient is the fresh ground nutmeg. My friend sent me some from her trip to Grenada. Thanks Cheryl! I had used it before from the spice section in the grocery store and they came in a little glass bottle. Those were ready to grate.