Baked Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Serve a veggie packed chicken tortilla casserole that bakes for only 15 minutes. Add cheese at the end of baking so it has time to melt, but not brown.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 roll)
- 1 cup bottled salsa, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
PreparationPreheat oven to 350°.
Combine 1/2 cup salsa and sour cream in a small bowl, and spread evenly over each tortilla. Divide chicken, tomato, bell pepper, and onion evenly down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Place rolls, seam sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup salsa. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.