- 12 whole cinnamon graham crackers (2 squares each)
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup chopped crystallized ginger (see Note)
- 11⁄2 cups peach spreadable fruit (All-Fruit)
- 8 cups (4 pt) peach ice cream
- 1 firm-ripe peach
PREPARATION:1. Coat a 9-in. pie plate with nonstick spray.
2. Pulse graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs form (13⁄4 cups). Add butter and 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger; pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes until firm. Meanwhile, stir spreadable fruit and remaining crystallized ginger in a bowl.
3. Scoop 1⁄2 the ice cream into crust to cover, placing scoops close together. Spread 1 cup ginger-peach mixture over top; cover and refrigerate rest. Freeze pie 1 hour, or until firm. Top with scoops of remaining ice cream. Freeze 3 hours until hard, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 2 weeks.
4. Up to 1 day ahead: Peel, pit and thinly slice peach. Stir into reserved ginger-peach mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving pie.
5. About 20 minutes before serving: Transfer pie to refrigerator to thaw slightly. Spoon on ginger-peach sauce.
Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 3 up to 2 weeks ahead. Step 4 can be done 1 day ahead.
Note: Look for tubs of crystallized ginger in the produce or dried fruit section of your market. It’s less expensive than ginger in jars in the spice section.