Mississippi Mud Cake
|Southern Living JUNE 2004|
· 1 cup butter, melted
· 2 cups sugar
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
· 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
· 1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows. Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes. Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.
Note: 2 (19.5-ounce) packages brownie mix, prepared according to package directions, may be substituted for first 7 ingredients. Stir in chopped pecans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Proceed with marshmallows and frosting as directed.