Celebrate Dad with this edible shirt-and-tie gift. Father's Day Shirt Cake courtesy of Good Housekeeping Magazine triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute
- 1 recipe Rich Chocolate Cake, see directions for link to recipe
- 1 recipe Decorating Butter Cream, see directions for link to recipe
- Yellow, blue, and green food-color paste
- Prepare our Rich Chocolate Cake as directed for 13" by 9" baking pan. Bake and cool as directed.
- Prepare our Decorating Butter Cream. Tint 2 cups butter cream light yellow. Tint 1/2 cup butter cream deep royal blue. Tint 1/2 cup butter cream kelly green. Leave remaining butter cream white.
- With metal spatula, spread yellow butter cream over top and sides of cake. With toothpick, trace outlines in butter cream to resemble a shirt collar and tie.
- Spoon all but 1/4 cup white butter cream into a decorating bag fitted with a small writing tip (1/8-inch opening). Wrap bag with plastic wrap to prevent frosting from drying out; set aside.
- With small metal spatula, spread remaining white butter cream inside collar outline. Spread blue and green butter creams in alternating 1-inch-wide bands inside tie outline. Use white frosting in bag to pipe outline around collar and tie, then pipe thin white lines between blue and green bands. Use blue butter cream to make dots for buttons on collar points. Refrigerate until ready to serve.