- 8 ounce(s) (about 2 cups) mini penne or elbow pasta
- 1 can(s) (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 2 can(s) (15 to 19 ounces) navy or other small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Ground black pepper
- 1 package(s) (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Romano cheese Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than label directs. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot.
- Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving puree. Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and celery and cook 9 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their puree, beans, broth, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; stir in spinach.
- Add bean mixture, reserved pasta cooking water, and 1/4 cup Romano to pasta in saucepot and toss until well mixed. Transfer pasta mixture to 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Romano.
- Bake 15 minutes or until center is hot and top is golden.
Recipe from Good Housekeeping - A FAVORITE