Tip Talk from WomansDay.com
5 things to do with ...flour
my favorite for baking that is...
- CLEAN PLAYING CARDS - When those queens are looking gray, put them in a plastic gag with a half-cup of flour. shake for a minute. Remove the cards, and shuffle the deck a few times over the sink to clear.
- UNSTICK A LID - Have a plastic container that closes a little too tightly for your taste? Dip the container edge in flour to prevent sticking.
- CLEAN HEAVY WHITE FABRICS-Spot-clean white canvas, leather, faux leather, vinyl and even curtains by rubbing flour into the dirt lines, then brushing clean.
- MIX UP SOME GLUE - Whip up craft glue for kids by mixing 1 part flour with 3 parts water. Boil, stirring, until it becomes a paste; store in the fridge.
- MAKE CLAY - Knead together 1 cup water, 3 cups flour and 1 tsp vegetable oil. Add food color. To store, moisten and wrap it in plastic, and put in the fridge.